(303-LO) Modeling Delays in PK and PD using Phoenix
Register by clicking on BUY NOW
($448 for Academia)
Description: Live Online course taught by Dr. Krzyzanski from University of Buffalo. It consists of 10 lectures delivered online in 1-hour sessions twice a week. The course starts on October 30th, 2017 and ends on December 7th, 2017.
The course will provide an overview of biological systems exhibiting delays, transduction delays, concepts of lifespan driven pharmacodynamic response, modeling of cell maturation, and nonlinear mixed effect lifespan models. Delay differential equations (DDEs) will be introduced and applied to discussed models. The course will consist of lectures, assignments and a final test. Additional details are provided in the Agenda.
Temporary software licenses for Phoenix WinNonlin and Phoenix NLME will be provided to course participants.
Prerequisites: basic knowledge of 1) pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic principles and models; 2) Phoenix WinNonlin.
Dr. Krzyzanski received PhD in applied mathematics and MA in pharmacology from the University at Buffalo. He is currently Associate Professor in the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences at this university. His research interests include PKPD modeling, systems pharmacology, and pharmacometrics. The modeling areas Dr. Krzyzanski specializes are indirect response models, target mediated drug disposition, pharmacodynamic systems with delays, and physiologically structured populations. The therapeutic domains his research applies to encompass agents and therapies affecting hematopoiesis and iron homeostasis.
- Lecture 1 Slides: Biological Systems with Delays
- Lecture 2 Slides: Introduction to Delay Differential Equations I
- Lecture 3 Slides: Introduction to DDEs Part II
- Lecture 4 Slides: Lifespan Delays, Part I
- Assignment #1 Instructions
- Slides from Help Session #1
- Upload your Assignment #1 here (Deadline extended to November 16)
- Lecture 5 Slides: Lifespan Delays, Part II
- Lecture 6 Slides: Transduction Delays
- Instructions for Assignment 2 (New Due Date: November 27)
- Upload your Assignment #2 Here (New Due Date: November 27)
- Lecture 7 Slides: Distributed Lifespan Delays
- Assignment #3 Instructions
- Lecture 8 Slides: Lifespan Models of Hematopoietic Systems, Part I
- Upload your Assignment #3 Here (Due on December 4)
- Practice Final
- Lecture Recording Links
- Final Exam
- End of Classroom Course Survey